Jan 4, 2012

What's In A Name?

Of course, one of the most important things a cat owner does is name their kitty. Since Tasha was coming into our lives during the Christmas season, I knew I wanted a name that reflected that time period, but didn't scream "CHRISTMAS KITTEN". So, I did what any new pet owner would do and I googled "Christmas cat names."

The usual cutsie names like "Holly", "Snow", and "Winter" came up, but what really caught my eye was Tasha. Tasha (according to that site and I was too lazy to fact-check it) means Christmas in Russian. I choose Belle for her middle name (like Christmas bells...I know, kind of cutsie and obvious. Whatever.) The name fits her and I think she's slowly learning that when we say "Tasha", we're actually talking to her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment