Jan 4, 2012

The Litter Locker

I was wandering through Petco last week (my new favorite hang out) when I rounded the corner and saw this amazing contraption sitting on the shelf:



Is this what I think it is? A diaper genie for cats?! Yes, it is!!! I couldn't buy it fast enough and the fact that it was on sale for $10.99 with my PALS card was the icing on the cake. I've been using it for over a week now and I LOVE it. No more saving grocery bags and having to take them out to the trash can every day. The Litter Locker comes with a cartridge that is the equivalent of 60 grocery bags! Refill cartridges are $9.99.

Setting it up was a little tricky as the directions are only pictures, but once I figured it out, it was a snap. Basically, all you have to do is scoop your litter into the top of the locker, then pull the handle in the middle and it whisks it down to the bottom pan. It saves all the scoopings until the bottom part gets full. I just had to empty it last night and even that was easy. There's a built in cutter so you just cut have off the trash baggie, tie and and throw it away. There is NO ODOR at all and it's so much easier to empty it once a week, than multiple times a day.

I know that I'll go through the cartridges quickly, as I scoop out Tasha's box two or three times per day, but it's so easy and hassle-free that I'll gladly shell out the $10 for refills. Whoever invented the litter locker is a freaking genius and they have my eternal gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment